The passing of legendary aviator - Chuck Tippett

 



On August 2, 2026 the aviation community lost a legend. Chuck Tippett unexpectedly passed away in a freak non-aviation event. I think most of us have heard the expression “larger than life” to describe someone. Chuck Tippett was one of those individuals, and a kinder hearted gentleman you are not likely to meet. No matter who you were, he had the unique ability to make you feel like a friend, and were always welcome in his company. I primarily knew him from the Flying Circus in Bealeton Virginia, where he flew me as a guest on two separate occasions. Additionally, he was a frequent guest speaker at the Experimental Aircraft Association Chapter 186 in Manassas Virginia. However, as his Obituary reveals he was so much more than just an aviation ambassador. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not religious, but if there is such a thing as heaven, there is now a new flight instructor soaring above the clouds.

For more information about Mr Tippett I encourage you to follow these links.








#aviation #chucktippett #flyingcircus #virginia #wingwalker 












Comments